Tuesday, January 11, 2011

High School Artwork

The following photos are works I completed in high school.


This piece is titled "Black and White Portrait" with the media of charcoal.  I drew this from a photo when I was taking a drawing class.  This was the first major artwork I completed that showed skill rather than just fulfilling the requirements of the assignment.  I entered this portrait into the Wells County Art Show.  I won best in my category of Black and White and the best in show award.


For this assignment we had to cut our own support and stretch our canvas.  The canvas shape was supposed to be abstract but only by using 90 degree angles.  For the image the class was told to cut out an interesting crop from a magazine.  The next thing was to abstract the images we found to be unrecognizable.  Instead of abstracting the shapes in my image, I chose to abstract the colors and used oil paint to mix them.


This work is titled "Solar System," and the media is pastels.  I did this one day when I was bored at home.


"Stormy Night" was done in oil paint.  I painted this from a photo when I was a Senior in high school.  It was my independent study work.


This is a detail of "Stormy Night."  This was my favorite lightning bolt in this painting.

Keep checking back for more posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment